2020 COMBER FAIR BURSARY RECIPIENTS
Thanks to our generous sponsors we were able to offer the Comber Fair Bursary this year. We had a record number of impressive applications. It was inspiring to see so many young adults wanting a career in the agriculture industry.
Here are our 2020 recipients:
(Top Left) - Chloe Blondin, Windsor
- Second year Integrated Business and Humanities Program minoring in Sustainability at McMaster University.
- Future plans include improving the efficiencies of the food supply chain, particularly in produce and other fresh foods offered at grocery stores.
- Aspires to open her own chain of grocery stores partnering with local producers limiting imports.
(Bottom left) - Jeannine Masse, Comber
- Second year in Associate Diploma in Agriculture at University of Guelph Ridgetown Campus.
- Future plans include operating her own goat and sheep farm selling meat and dairy products as well as specialty products sourced on site and locally.
- Aspires her farm to be a center for educating consumers on the importance of knowing where their food comes from.
(Bottom middle) - Matthew Sterling, Pain Court
- First year in Mechanical Engineering Technology - Robotics and Automation at Conestoga College.
- Future plans include improving precision ag equipment in order to give farmers more accurate information to optimize their yields and reduce costs.
- Aspires to increase sustainability through technology and innovation for a safer and more secure food supply.
(Bottom right) - Morgan Anderson, Ridgetown
- First year in Food and Agricultural Business Program at University of Guelph.
- Future plans include working in the dairy industry focusing on agricultural lending or business planning and helping farm families structure their operations to allow for succession planning for the next generation.
- Aspires to work with grass roots agricultural groups to share the agricultural message and become an advocate for agriculture.
Congratulations to all our 2020 applicants. The Bursary Committee wishes you success in all your future endeavors.